Rental rules

What is required to be able to rent a student accommodation from Kopparstaden?

• You have to be at least 18 years.
• You have to be a student on Dalarna University or PlaygroundSquad, study rate at least 75 %*.
• You have to be able to pay the rent with your income. This can for example be salary, student loan or scholarship.
• You can not have any rental debts or debt notifications.
• You have to have a valid home insurance.
• You have to do a registration of residence (Falun).
• Kopparstaden reserves the right to choose our own tenants.

* Have to be proven with a letter of acceptance/certificate of registration from Dalarna University or PlaygroundSquad. Certificates that confirm that you study or are going to study can be downloaded from if you just have applied or if you already are admitted.

Differences depending whether one or two persons stands on the agreement.

Two persons live in the apartment and both stands on the agreement:

  • Your common income is calculated when you apply for the apartment. This makes it easier for you the get the apartment and gives you bigger economic freedom.
  • You have common rights and responsibilities in everything that involves the apartment.
  • The queue points for both get zeroed when you sign the agreement.

Two persons live in the apartment, but only one stands on the agreement:

  • The person who stands on the agreement gets the apartment based on its income.
  • Only the person who stands on the agreement has the right to the apartment if something happens, e.g. divorce, separation etc.
  • It’s only the queue points to the person who stands on the agreement that gets zeroed.


The rent should always be paid in advanced and the due date is the last day of the month. Please contact us if you want to have your rent as direct debit from your bank account. If you do not need your invoice in paper you can apply for electronic invoice (“E-faktura”) at your bank.

If you’re late with your payment
Kopparstaden does not send out any reminders. If you don’t pay the rent on time we will send the case to debt collection and our partner Intrum. You will then have to pay a statutory fee on 180,00 SEK plus interest. If you are repeatedly late with your payment or if you don’t pay at all, we will terminate your housing agreement and you have to move out from your apartment.

You have three (3) months notice starting from the month after you’ve terminated your agreement. This means that if you leave notice on the 15th of February you have the apartment until the 31st of May. Do you have to change university? A letter of acceptance from another university gives you only one (1) month notice.

You can cancel your housing agreement by visiting the office or send an email to including your customer number and errand.

Please book a time for inspection by sending an email to Make the reservation at least one week before you are leaving. When we do the inspection we check that there are no damages in the room/apartment and that it is cleaned according to our standards so that the next tenant can move in. When the inspection is done you leave the keys to the inspector. If the inspection is ok and you have paid all your rents we will pay back the deposit to your bank account.